Writers Training Institute (WTI)
WTI draws resources from a wide spectrum of professional across the media, publishing and writing discipline.
Working in partnership with INNATE COMMUNICATIONS, a Lagos based media consultancy and publishing outfit, the facilitators for WTI's workshops, seminars and courses are drawn from dinstinguished personalities, whose experiences and resourcefulness in independent writing, publishing and allied media related operations are highly sought after.
WTI draws resources from a wide spectrum of professionals across the media, writing and publishing disciplines, whose experiences and resourcefulness in independent writing, publishing and allied media related operations are highly sought after.
The portfolio of WTI's resource persons, amongst a host of other Resource Personnel as Guest Facilitatotors and partners for WTI's trainings, includes;
- Mr. Lekan Otufodunrin: Editor, Journalist trainer; Freelance Writer, Media career development specialist; Former News & Political Editor of Punch Newspaper as well as Managing Editor, Online, the NATION newspapers, Lagos. He is the Executive Director of Media Career Development Network, Nigeria's foremost media career mentoring and coaching organisation.
- Mr. Lanre Arogundade: Journalist and media development specialist;a media development specialist, is the Director of the International Press Centre (IPC), Lagos.
- Mr. Francis Abayomi: Biographer; Development Expert; Editorial Board Member, Daily Independent Newspaper. He is Executive Director, Peace and Development Projects, with several years in editing a number of independent publishing projects, magazine, special books and biographies.
- Mrs. Funmi Falobi: Development Journalist, PR professional cum journalism lecturer. She is an Adjunct Lecturer, Mass Comm Dept, Yabatech as well as Editor, Social Development News @ www.sdnonline.net using her journalistic skills to impact society to promote socio-economic development and fostering development initiatives. She is also on the Directorate of WTI.
- Mr. Gbenga Osiniake: Former Assistant Editor at Punch Newspaper, is Publisher/Editor in Chief, CHURCHTIMES Newspaper, with a commitment in writing and reporting the Nigerian Church.
- Mr. Dayo Emmanuel: Writer, Journalist is Director, NEWS SCREEN MEDIA with versed knowledge in independent publishing opeartions. He is the News Editor of National Wire (nationalwire.com.ng), a business oriented news website.
With over ten years in the media. He was a runner-up at the Nigerian Media Merit Award (NNMA) in the Alex Ibru Investigative Journalist of The Year Category for the year 2014/2015 edition. He is also a graduate of the Bloomberg Media Initiative For Africa Business (BMIA) Course 2017.
- Mr. Sanmi Falobi: Programme Manager at International Press Center with cross cutting experience in NGO operations as well as being an Intraprenuer, Micro Enterprise Advisor, Media Consultancy, Author and Editor/Publisher @ SUCCESSTACTng. He is the founding Training Director of WTI, with years of self-publishing efforts straddling newsletter, magazine, book writing/publisher and media productions.
In meeting the specific writing, publishing and media communications needs of participants in WTI's workshops, seminars and short courses, GUEST FACILITORS with specific and diverse writing and publishing experience and resources are invited as part of the portfolio or resource personnel and include, but not limited to the following.
-Dr. Tola Sunday; Senior Lecturer and Associate Professor, Dept of Mass Communication, University of Lagos, UNILAG;
-Rev Biola Longe; Experienced publishing consultant and Book/Magazine Publisher of high repute;
- Mr. Kingsley Obom-Egbulem; Communication specialist, Creative writer, Teen/Career coach, Author, Publisher/Editor in Chief, MANHOOD and ParentingNOW Magazine;
- Mrs. Betty Abah; Journalist, Child Rights activist;
- Mr. Julius Adeguna, Publisher, PTL Newspaper, Lagos;
- Mr. Sola Ogundipe, Health Editor, Vanguard Newspaper;
- Mr. Adeyemi Adeyemo, Publisher/CEO, House of Treasure Comics;
-Dr. Tunde Akanni, Lecturer, Dept of Communication, Lagos State University, LASU.